Monday, May 21, 2012

Changes on the Horizon and What's Next?

Ahhhhhh, the spring season is here and I don't know about you, but I feel the effects of change swirling all around me! While walking through the forest I feel all my senses being tantalized by the natural world and I feel this surge of excitement and inspiration rumbling and boiling deep within my heart. The sweet aroma of springtime blooms are constant reminders of past memories and the serenade of song birds remind me to remain present and be grateful for new life. Tending to our garden, harvesting fresh, organically grown vegetables grounds my freeing spirit, but as the days grow longer and hotter, my internal fire is being stoked and I'm beginning to notice a shift in my daily habits, mood and sleep patterns. 




I as a person am changing on many different levels. I feel as though I'm shedding this old skin of being and am ready to lay out and bask in a world of new possibilities and experiences. Within the last year Ryan and I moved into our new home, I embarked on one of the biggest adventures of my life, acting as the longest running Support Crew Member for Jennifer Pharr Davis, Appalachian Trail Record Breaking hike and soon after, enrolled in Yoga Therapy Teacher Training at the Black Mountain Yoga Studio, where I recently graduated and now teach. It’s been an eventful year for me which has been filled with many questions, uncertainty and even doubt, but if I’m willing to accept who I truly am, live with an open heart and listen to my intuition, I know I will walk the right path.


So where am I heading exactly? I wish I had an answer to what my “plan” is, but I don’t. My biggest quest currently is to trust my intuition and quite honestly, leaning to identify my intuitive ability and stop being my own biggest skeptic. I’m no longer keeping it buried within myself, nor will I continue hiding it from others. I’m not a planner, I try and most times fail, but when I go with the flow, live in the present moment and meditate on my dreams, the power of manifestation visits me, anxiously waiting to take me on a wild ride if I’m ready. Some may say I’m walking blindly, making irrational decisions and have a lack of direction (but maybe it's really me feeling this way), but the truth is, I’m seeing life with a new sense and it’s a learning process just like anything else. I’m going to make right and wrong decisions and what matters is what I learn along with way.


What I can assure you is that there are many new adventures on the horizon and not just for me, but for others in my life who are close to me. Upcoming blog post will reflect this. Many of us are working together through the power of synergy, taking our dreams and aspirations and turning them into reality. My life would not be where it is today if it were not for those who believed and have had faith in me. Today I send my love and gratitude to each one of you, for holding me up when I was down and out, bringing awareness to the forgotten blessings in my life and the constant encouragement to stand confident in my own inner beauty. Through my darkness shines a bright light and the light has been you. Thank you and much love,

Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment